Friday, March 25, 2011

A Day in the Life...

Hey baby girl....you are fast asleep right now all clean and smelling good from your bath!  I thought I would jot down what a day looks like for us at this point.  Probably more for me and my memory than anything...especially if we have another baby, these are the things I know I will want to remember!

So...here we go...as of you at 3.5 months old...this is what our day looks like:

7 am  Wake up - you sometimes lay around your crib for 30 minutes or so talking to your monkeys on the mobile...but Mommy has a few things to do first.  I wake up, test my blood sugar to make sure I am high enough to feed you (breast feeding drops my blood sugar) and brush my teeth.  I go get you and have one of my favorite moments of the day - your super smiley face when you see me coming!  We talk a bit and change your diaper and smile some more.

And you are quite chatty lately!  Here's a typical conversation with you.  Your Daddy thinks I'm mean, but I say it sounds like you are a dying kitty!


(Admit it....dying kitty, right?!)

And if you weren't convinced...here's another:



7:15 am   Eating time!  You eat anywhere for the next 10-15 minutes.  Then...we play!  You and I go downstairs and see your Sisters off to school.  You sit in your Bumbo chair and watch us all scattering around the kitchen eating breakfast, making coffee, etc.  We also try to do a little tummy time and I am lucky if you last 10 minutes.  Not your favorite thing.

8:30 am   Sleepy time!  Time for your first nap!  You go down pretty easily...especially if I hold you and bounce with you a bit first.

10:45 am   Wake up!  Sometimes you are just waking up, talking to your monkeys...other times I wake you up and wait for that awesome smile to come across your face again.  Repeat of smiles, changing diaper, etc.  =)  Oh, and Daddy comes over and makes you grin from ear to ear too!

11 am   Eating time!  Then, more playing - and you sitting in your Bumbo while Daddy and I fix some lunch!

Sorry Baby Girl...couldn't resist the ears!

12:15-12:30 pm   Sleepy time!  You are like clockwork....about an hour and a half after waking up, you are ready for bed again.

2:45 pm  Wake up!  I get to see that smile again when I come and get you!

3 pm   Eating time!  And play time with your Sissy's when they get home from school!

4:15pm   Sleepy time (hopefully).  This is where things start to not be as predictable with you.  You will take a short cat nap here usually (unless we are out and about running errands...and you still sleep some then too usually).  I've just found a way to get you down closer to 4:30 and then I can make dinner and we can sometimes even eat before you wake up.

5-5:15 pm  Wake up!  This is where you sometimes get a little crabby.  This last 30-60 minutes of the day is a little touch and go with you!  Sometimes you have a split personality during this time - one minute you are smiling, the next crying!  You are just a tired baby at the end of the day!



6:30 pm   Bedtime routine - every other night this includes a bath, which you love (and we do too!).  Other than that, we change your diaper into a 12-hour Pampers diaper and put a sleeper on.  Then you and I go to the rocking chair in your room with the lights low and you eat.  As you eat, I pray that God has your heart and fills you up with peace and that you feel like He is right by your side holding you as you fall asleep.  After that, I rock you for a few minutes on my shoulder and sing "Sweetheart Tree", then we get up and walk around the room for another few minutes and sing.

7 pm   Nighty night!  You may cry a wee little bit, but usually not much at all...you find your fingers to suck on and you're out!  Mommy and Daddy either have some alone time now...or when we have your Sissys, we get to finish up homework and spend some time with them.

10:30 pm  Dream feed - this is your last feeding of the night and you really aren't even awake for it (hence, the "dream feed" name!).  As you are fast asleep, I pull you gently out of your crib and let you eat.  Your eyes are closed the whole time.  Another one of my favorite times each day happens right now.  After you are done eating, you are absolutely zonked still...and I put you up on my shoulder.  Nothing is as sweet as this moment with you.  You are completely passed out, but I am loving every second.  You are all scrunched up with your face on my shoulder and we rock a little.  I can't imagine that anyone else in this world has such a sweet baby as me!  Then, I realize that I must be crazy for thinking this...of course there are tons of other sweet babies out there like you.  And then you turn your head so that your sweet little face is in the crook of my neck, you keep sleeping there as I feel your breath against my skin....and then I think - never mind.  There is absolutely no way another baby is as sweet as this.  I relish this time with you for several minutes, then I put you right back in your crib and you keeping sleeping.

After that, it's rinse and repeat from the beginning when I see your big smiles in the crib at 7am!  This makes you sound pretty easy, huh?  It probably sounds a lot easier than it really is, but I have to admit...you are easy and this Mommy thanks you so much for that!  You have no idea how in love we all are with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment