Thursday, March 31, 2011

A year ago today....

This is March 31st baby girl, it will forever be burned in my brain!  Why, you ask?  Because I didn't even know you existed until a year ago today...and I TOTALLY wasn't expecting it either!  We weren't sure we were ever going to get pregnant....and then God completely caught us off guard at my yearly appointment!.  One minute I am talking to my doctor about getting on Clomid (fertility drug) to help us get pregnant, and the next minute she is rounding the corner to the room I was in saying, "You're pregnant!".  Wow...what a ride the last year has been!  And as I look back at all the fears of miscarrying, fears of diabetes and you in my belly, monitoring blood sugars, waking up every night at 3am to test my blood sugar, being very deliberate about my eating, testing, figuring out new insulin needs, levels, resistance, precautions, etc....the list could go on and on...I look to NOW and see you on the video monitor sleeping so beautifully and perfectly in your crib.  And I think, "Really?  I have a four month old?".  Yes I do...you are the best and most welcomed surprise I have ever gotten.  And God placed you perfectly in our lives at the right time.  You are a gift and we are all blessed because of you.

In case you forgot about the day....here's a link to a year ago and my posts about finding out about you - from finding out at the doctor's office, telling your Daddy and then your Sisters!  It's so fun to look back and read these!  I can't wait for you to one day do the same!

http://anothermariniscoming.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

And...one of my favorite posts ever.  This describes how you were no coincidence my dear - you were and are a God thing!

http://anothermariniscoming.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

Love you baby!  I'll be back soon to talk about you being four months old on Saturday, your doctor's appointment and other good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment