Sunday, June 15, 2014

21 Weeks - Father's Day!

Hey Little Guy!  It is our 21 week mark and thought I would jot a couple details down for you.  Plus, it's Father's Day today, so it was a fun day for your Daddy with all his girls (and boy) around loving on him.  Here's what's new with you and my body this week:


  • Starting to swell...that's just swell.  =) This is about the time it happened with your Big Sis Avery, so I'm ready for it.  Not the worst thing that could ever happen, but not fun either.  If I work out in the morning, drink lots of water and use my magnesium lotion, it really does help...but not every day is like that, so then my ankles and feet get a little puffy.
  • My blood sugars are starting to run a little high (like mid-high 100's) and for no reason.  If I ate a high carb meal, I would expect it....but today and a little of yesterday have been baffling to me...so I'm wondering if we are starting the rise and will have to adjust my basal rates up 5-10%.  Again, this is just about the time it happened with Avery, so really no surprise.  Just not looking forward to it!  
  • On the fun side, you have been quite the wiggly worm inside my belly!  I really started feeling you around 18 weeks, which is about three weeks earlier than Avery, so I have loved that!  And there are some days where you are chill and and feel you some...and days like yesterday and today where you are punching and kicking away!  I have an anterior placenta with you (just like your sis), so wasn't expecting to feel you so early, but completely loving it that I am!  Right now, you are kicking away in there!
I am leaving you with a little picture from today!  These are four of the five goobers you are getting yourself involved with in just a few months!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment