Sunday, July 13, 2014

25 Weeks - Trip to Colorado

Hi baby boy!  I am officially at 25 weeks and so happy that we are at a point of viability.  I will feel so much more comfortable at 28 weeks...30 weeks, etc. but for right now, I'm happy to be at a point where if I would go into labor, you'd be small, but able to possibly live out here in the real world!  I think you are about 13-14 inches and the size of a ear of corn....and I'd guess around 1.5-2 pounds.

You are a real kicker in there!  I really love it.  I started feeling you so much earlier compared to Avery, so it starts to make me wonder how much harder and harder you will be kicking towards the end (because she got really active at the end).  You bounce on my bladder a lot more than she ever did.  I feel like you are sitting a lot lower than she did too.  Pretty much everyone around me has felt you kick except for Avery.  She has no patience.  =)

My feet are starting to do the swelling thing (like they did with your sister), but overall, I feel like they are a little better than with her.  Especially with a car trip to Colorado over and done, it's really been decent.  My compression stockings were a life saver for the car trips.  Definitely help a ton.

Another thing happening is my rising blood sugars.  This happened with Avery too, I have to keep reminding myself, but man, I feel like I just can't get my blood sugars down for anything.  They aren't even over 200...they just hang out around 150-180, no matter what I do!  For this Mama, it's just tough.  I try and do everything I can to keep you safe and this area is just only halfway under my control.  The good news that I have to remember is that my rising blood sugars mean the need for more and more insulin to do the same job as prior to pregnancy...which ultimately means my placenta is functioning well and healthy.  It just stinks to imagine what I am doing to you in there.  Right now, I really think I'm just packing on the pounds for you, but there's always that worry.  I'm betting right now you'll be a 10-pounder.  I guess since I am having a c-section, it doesn't really matter.  It's just my own personal struggle.  I don't really even share it with others...just something that is always on my mind.  Your Daddy reminded me tonight that if I doing my best (which I am), then God has got to be blessing this pregnancy and He'll take care of the rest.  I think you have a smart Daddy.

On to the fun stuff!  We just got back from our trip to Colorado to see all your Nana, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins.  We were there for about a week and a half and stayed mainly with your Aunt Soila and Uncle Meme.  Saw your Nana a bunch, as well as your Uncle Kenny and Aunt Rhonda.  For the last couple nights, we headed more towards Denver to stay with your Uncle Joe and Aunt Nora.  Avery had a blast and was a great little girl the whole time.  I was pleasantly surprised!  She even learned to love sharing a bed with your sister Megan (which she has never done before).  My blood sugars started hanging in the mid-high 100's while we were there and were much tougher to drop.  This happened when I was pregnant with Avery too and we went to Colorado....so I've always suspected the altitude affected them.  And now I wonder even more.  They've still been higher than I want for the last 24 hours since we have been home, so we'll see tomorrow if they come back into a normal range or not.

Here's some pictures from the trip...love you baby boy!  We talk about you all the time and your Daddy and I were just talking today about how much we wish you were already here with us!  We can't wait!

At Nana's House before we left for Denver


Your big sister eating frozen yogurt with a Frozen crown on

At Estes Park - Meggie, Avery and Nana

Your Sissy and Aunt Soila in Estes Park

Your Cousins, Andrew and BJ with Avery on the trolley in Estes

You sister is obsessed with trains - Nana and her are watching one go by at Aunt Soila's house

Nana and Avery

Avery found a back scratcher and was making your sister very happy!

Avery at Tiny Town - fun little place near Denver that we went to with your Aunt Nora


Tiny Town


Your sisters having fun at Tiny Town



More Tiny Town - there you are!

\
Avery and Uncle Joe

Avery and Bella

Kyndall wasn't able to come with us because of school, but while we were gone, she had a photo shoot and this picture is pretty awesome! 


Taking pictures of the Rocky Mountains on the trip home


I think they were faking it! 


Trip Home - Utah - Gorgeous! 

Trip Home - Arizona - not too shabby either!

No comments:

Post a Comment