Tuesday, October 19, 2010

33 Weeks and SIX TO GO!!!!!

It's really getting closer now baby girl!  It's kind of surreal to be honest.  Like I really want to keep this basketball in my belly forever or something - of course not!  But, you've been in there for so long, and that's the only way I have known you, it's surreal to think that you will actually be out of there soon!  And six weeks soon!

You now weigh about 4.4 pounds and measures about 17.8 inches. You will gain one third to one half of your weight during the final weeks of pregnancy. My amniotic fluid is now at it’s highest level and will stay at this level until your delivery. You may have now settled into the head down position (seems like you have); however, some babies do not do this until later in pregnancy.

Your skull is not joined and is very pliable. Your brain is rapidly growing now and increasing in size. Fat is rapidly accumulating and changing the color of your skin from red to pink.  Because you are rapidly gaining white fat and weight at this point I could be gaining weight more rapidly than in the past as well. And now is when I need to start getting my hospital bag packed and ready to go!

I have a feeling that you are a long little girl in there.  You push up into my ribs with your feet and down with your hands or head on my left hip bone simultaneously.  It feels like you found the ceiling and the floor and want to see if you can get any more in between room by pushing on both sides! And my torso is pretty long too!

You are head down - last week the ultrasound confirmed that your little head is right where I feel you on my hip bone.  One of your little legs was curled up by your chest and your hands in front of your face (surprise, surprise!).  But, as the ultrasound tech was doing her thing, I still felt you up by my ribs too...and she confirmed that that was your OTHER leg up there.  So, one was up by your chest and the other down in "normal" position, pushing by my ribs.  Hopefully that means you are more flexible than your mama ever was if you are already doing the splits!

We didn't get any great pictures of you from the utlrasound though....dang it.  She tried for a 3D shot a couple times with you, but just as it's always been, your little hands were up by your face, so it doesn't make for good 3D images because they need lots of open fluid around the area to get good shots.  She didn't even check your weight, this was just to check your breathing and my amniotic fluid (it's technically called a biophysical profile).  Both were great!  Way to go Avery Jo!  I just found out that I get a growth ultrasound on Thursday....yippee!  It's been a good six weeks, so we are ready to see you and know exactly how big they think you are now too!  We are now on the two doctor's appointments per week schedule.  Every week from here on out will be like this week - I go in on Mondays for the non-stress test (NST).  Pretty easy - just lay back and get some monitors strapped to me for 20-30 minutes and make sure your little heart rate goes up with movement.  You were a little difficult this week because you had the hiccups right after we hooked up the monitors....so your hiccups were registering for about 5 minutes instead of your heart rate.  And we just had to be patient.  =)  Then, on Thursdays, I will have another NST, a doctor's visit and biophysical profile (ultrasound just looking at your breathing and amniotic fluid).  This week, though, we will get a growth ultrasound as well, so that's a more intense ultrasound looking you up and down!  And measuring along the way.  =)

Your Pa and Mimi booked their flight out to see you!  That's exciting!  We won't know for sure when you will be induced until a few weeks before, so hopefully it will work with their travel dates.  Of course, you could always be here sooner too (which your Daddy, Sisters and I are all completely cool with, just so you know...as long as you are past 37 weeks.  =)

We had our second of three birthing classes tonight.  Good class, and got to see another part of labor and delivery at the hospital that your Mommy and Daddy didn't see with our little hospital stint a couple weeks back.  It's a newer area and the rooms are huge!  I guess it's the luck of the draw who gets what...and I'll be happy wherever you are...so we'll see where we end up.  We have our last one next Tuesday!

Oh...did you know that we have another baby shower coming up?  Yes, you are spoiled little girl!  The women at church are throwing it for us, so that's what's happening this Sunday afternoon.  Pretty excited to go!  These ladies are wonderful - and are very excited themselves to celebrate you for an hour or two.

Your Sisters and Daddy and I went to the "Make a Difference" Concert on Sunday night.  It had TobyMac, Third Day and Michael W. Smith all together.  You will soon learn that your Sisters (and us) LOVE TobyMac.  And he was amazing and so much fun to watch.  Third Day has been a favorite of your Mommy's since college...and your Daddy was in awe of them at the concert and are now his new favorite.  And Michael W. Smith....well, he's just the man...period.  It was such an amazing blend of artists.  We all loved it.  And that includes you.  You were rocking and rolling in my belly the WHOLE concert - and well after.  You definitely like to move to music!  You even woke up the next morning rocking and rolling!  I'm not sure if you even slept through the night!  Just kidding, I think.  =)  Your Daddy felt some of your CRAZY movement during the concert.  It had to be a knee pushing out my stomach or something...he's felt you kick lots of times...but this all over movement that you do now was a new one for him to feel!

Here's a video with TobyMac, Mac Powell from Third Day and Michael W. Smith.  This was the final song of the concert (TobyMac's "City on our Knees") and they all sang it together.  Awesome.



Your Daddy took these pictures at the concert.....

 TobyMac rocking out with his band/dancers, Diverse City

Third Day was up next!

Mac Powell from Third Day and Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith

This concert was truly amazing.  Of course, the music was a huge part of that.  And as I have been reminiscing about the concert after, I realize that another reason this was amazing is that these artists are all they say they are.  They love Jesus and that was the MAIN message of the entire concert.  Each has such a big heart for their faith.  Now, do they stumble and make mistakes, I'm sure they have, like us all.  But, as TobyMac sings about - you lose your way, you get back up again....it's never too late to get back up again...you may get knocked down but not out forever.  In a world where artists that have so much talent they take for granted and luxuries in their back pockets, it's just really refreshing to see artists use this privilege for God's glory.  

Alright...we have to have our countdown this week...with the number SIX.  As in, SIX weeks to go until we see you!  In honor of that, here are SIX things I still need to get done before your arrival!


6.  Wash your bedding and some of your clothes from your last shower
5.  Pack a hospital bag!
4.  Have your Sister, Kyndall's 16th/Halloween birthday party with a ton of teenagers over here!
3.  Figure our what outfit you are going home in!
2.  Get a good chunk of Christmas shopping done!
1.  Get you to 37 weeks (full term) and then we are home free!  =)


Okay...one last picture before I sign off for the night.  Here's your Mommy's belly at 33 weeks.  And you have really grown I guess because this picture kind of even shocked me!  You've expanded in the last month! Now, when your Daddy says that I've really got a belly, I know why he's saying it - this picture says it all!  =)


Yeah, it's still crazy for me to look at!  =)

We love you baby girl!  Can't wait to see you on Thursday!  I will try and post pictures and a quick update from the ultrasound then!

No comments:

Post a Comment