Tuesday, October 26, 2010

34 Weeks Baby! Five To Go!

Oh my goodness little one, you are moving around so much in there right now!  My belly is morphing all over the place - and - of course, your Daddy and Sisters aren't around to see it!  You have days like today - moving everywhere and constantly, and then others that must be your days "off" and it's just the normal kicks and bumps.  The other day I was in the car with your Daddy and it felt like you decided to try and play the guitar on my right rib with your toes!  You are quite the mover, but that was the biggest, weirdest movement yet from you.  It actually hurt - and it made me scream!  It's like ever since they told us you were almost six pounds, you've decided to show me how big you really are!  =)

Your Daddy and I had a weekend with just us - so we started getting prepared for your Sister, Kyndall's 16th birthday party/Halloween party next weekend.  We borrowed some decorations from your Uncle Ray and got a few things ourselves - so we'll see how we do with 40 teenagers around!  Your Aunt Mac and Uncle James are coming on Saturday too - and he has to go coach a football game for a while - but they will help us man the teenage crowd after that.  I think your Uncle Ray and Aunt Brenda (and cousins) will all be here too - so we welcome the adult supervision!  =)  I've realized, once this party is done and over - it's time to focus on getting some Christmas gifts checked off since your arrival will make it a bit difficult to shop at the normal time.  I just bought your Daddy his birthday/Christmas gift today - shhhhhh! - don't tell him!

I have all of your bedding and clothes washed and your room is pretty much ready for you!  We are so excited, we can barely wait any longer!  I still need to put together my hospital bag...but we have most of it thought out. Our last birthing class is tonight - so we are looking forward to having that done and under our belts.  I think we get a tour of the rest of Labor and Delivery, which should be interesting.  Also, this week, we meet with the first of two pediatricians for you.  I'll let you know how we like her!

We had another shower this weekend, Avery Jo!  The ladies at my Tuesday morning group, Grow With Me, put together an amazing afternoon.  Lots of great food, people and fun games.  And we scored lots of diapers for you!  =)  Also, some gift cards and adorable clothes!  Jen, the awesome gal that put it all on, took a bunch of pictures, so once I get a copy of those, I will show you them.  I do have one picture that I took with my phone.  It was the cutest cake!  And, the cake had pudding in the middle - YUMMO!  I just feel so blessed and you should too - so many people love you already and can't wait to meet you!

How cute????  And yes, that's a cute little baby in the middle of the flower!

Here's your update for week 34....


Besides looking like a newborn at 34 weeks of pregnancy, you are acting like a newborn as well. Your eyes open when you're awake and close them when you are sleeping. Your sleeping cycles are the same now as they will be when you are born (uh oh...you were awake A LOT today!). You have learned to blink and can see better when a bright light is shined on my stomach. You recognize voice and sound patterns from the outside world and you are most comforted by the sound of my voice (I like that).

You weigh about 5 pounds now (heh...try about 6!) and you are about 18 inches long. Your fingernails have reached the end of your fingertips at week 34 of pregnancy and you may even scratch your face before you are born (be careful with those, okay?). Your fat layers are growing every week to fill up that wrinkly skin (especially around your belly!) and you  may have already turned into the head down position for labor (yep...check that off the list!).

Your central nervous system is still maturing, and your lungs are almost fully ready to breathe air. If you were born this week, you have a 99% chance of survival outside of the womb, pretty darn good odds babycakes!

My blood sugars have been pretty darn good the last week.  Just waiting for them to go wacky again.  I am going to post my settings on my pump - just for my future reference really.  So that I know at 34 weeks where I was with my insulin and settings.  I probably should have done this a few more times along the way too...oh well...better late than never, right?

Basal Rates - Total Daily Basal Rate = 41.45 units - If I didn't eat anything during the day, these hourly rates should (hopefully) keep my blood sugar level. The specified amount each hour is given even throughout the hour.  Pre-prego I was around 19-20 units/day
12AM     1.4 units
2:30AM  1.5 units
5AM       1.6 units
8AM       1.7 units
12PM      1.8 units
2PM        2.0 units
10PM      1.5 units

Carb Ratios  (take the total number of carbs eaten and divide by this number to get how many units of insulin to take) - Pre-prego I had 10 as my ratio the entire day
12AM    9.0
7AM      5.8
11AM    6.8
5PM       5.0
10PM    8.0

Sensitivity Factor (if blood sugar is too high, this is the correction factor - 1 unit will drop me the specified number of points (mg/dl) on my blood sugar reading) - Pre-prego I had a 50 factor the whole day through
12AM    22 mg/dl
11AM    27 mg/dl
5PM      22 mg/dl
10PM    34 mg/dl

Okay little one...to finish off today's blog, I'll count down the five favorite foods I have eaten the most while being pregnant with you.  We'll see if they end up as your favorites too.  =)

5. Grape Kool-Aid and Water - mostly water, but we always have grape Kool-Aid on hand to have at dinner!
4.  Cottage Cheese - to most it doesn't sound to appetizing, but to me, it does.  It's usually part of my lunch - and it's really healthy for you too!
3.  Peanut Butter - Your Mommy loves her some PB!  On celery, mixed with whipped cream or just by itself!
2.  Ice Cream - DQ chocolate dipped cones, McDonald's vanilla cones and Sonic hot fudge sundaes!!!!
1.  Hot Wings and Hot Salsa!  Whichever it is - just make sure I got a lot of sauce!

And that's it for this week baby girl!  I have a NST and biophysical profile (measures your breathing and amniotic fluid again) on Thursday.  I'm hoping the fluid levels have gone up....I'll let you know!  Love you AJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment