Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wiggle it....just a little bit!

Okay, so, I know that I should understand by this point that there is a baby inside of me...but after days like today, it just takes my breath away still!  Today was my appointment...and thank goodness another sonogram (was thinking they may just do the doppler to get your heart rate...but we got the sono instead - yay!).  I've read that you should be moving around by 9-10 weeks, so I was excited to see if we could catch some movements...and we did!  Your arms and legs were there, moving around...one of your arms was up by your eyes and nose...and the legs were-a-kicking!  Literally took my breath away...I didn't want it to end!  And as she took a few measurements (heart rate was 164 - good and strong!) and your Daddy and I were still in awe, you fell asleep!  Crazy little baby!  She tried to wake you up by pushing the sono wand on my belly a lot, but you were out!  She said that at 10 weeks you sleep every 30 minutes.  Or, maybe you knew that we wanted to get some good pictures of you, so you were holding still until the end?  =)  Either way, we did get a couple good shots of you today.  Okay, so let me explain.  The first picture is of your face, straight on.  She moved the wand so it was at a little different angle to get a front shot.  You can see your eye sockets, little nose area and mouth (the whitest part is your mouth)!  The second shot is the profile shot.  Your head in on the left, with one of your arms up by your eyes (no, you aren't a Who from Whoville with a pointy turned-up nose, I promise!).  Your legs are there and I can even see your belly!  Love it...you are really a baby!  I know I should know this and today really helped...but still sometimes crazy to see you as a little baby!  The screens in the room were so much better with detail than these pics...but we'll have to just take these for now!


The doctor's appointment went great too! I saw a different doctor than the first one we met several weeks ago.  Still the same vibe from him - they have a very balanced approach about the high-risk prenancy - meaning, they don't scare the crap out of me about my disease, which is much appreciated, and honestly, it's the way my nature is and always has been about my disease anyway (thanks Mom and Dad!).  So, he came in and looked at my blood sugar numbers for the past two weeks and said my numbers look great!  Woohoo!  We talked through several things/questions I had collected over the last two weeks.  I'm flying to IL in a couple weeks - all good, just need to get up and shake my legs out halfway through.  Same goes for our July trip to Colorado in the car - and your Daddy and I (and you!) are flying again at the end of August to IL again...no worries there.  Also wondered about my blood type (there is a Rh Negative issue/worry with babies and depending on blood type of mine and Daddy's then we would know whether to worry or not).  I am A+ (never knew that before)...so no worries there.  He also told me that I would get a 3D ultrasound around my 18 week appointment.  That is the week before we leave for Colorado...so we should have a CD full of great pictures of you before we go and see our family there!  Yay!  I also asked when I would get my A1C done (this measures my control of my blood sugar #'s over the last 2-3 months)...he said I would get that in two weeks (at 12 weeks).  So, I will go in and get that done the day before I head out to IL.  He explained that a "normal" person (a.k.a. - no diabetes or other high risks) has a 3% chance of congenital abnormalities - ranging from anything like an extra finger or two to a brain malformation.  That's a normal pregnancy chance.  This A1C result I get, if under 8.5, I will have the same 3% chance as a normal person of abnormalities.  If it is over 8.5, the risk goes to 22%.  Wow, right?  Well, an 8.5 A1C is pretty high and with all I've been doing with my numbers, I'm expecting to be under 6.5 (cross your fingers for under 6.0 - I'd love that!).  I'd never heard it explained like that before, so it was interesting to hear.  I look at the A1C test as kind of my "grade" for my blood sugar control.  It's really the only gauge out there to determine your average number over a long period of time.  Oh, and by the way, a "normal" person (a.k.a. no diabetes) has an A1C of 4.5 - 6.5...so that's the range I'm shooting for!  Ugh...I still can't get you wiggling out of my head!  =)

I wasn't sure I was going to do this, but what's a pregnancy blog without a belly picture.  So...we saw what you looked like from the inside up above...and here's how you are taking shape on the outside.  Still can't see a big bump...but you are definitely making an impact a little bit!  Can't wait until you are bigger and my belly is loud and proud!  =)


If you are wondering what the white thing is on my tummy, it's the CGM sensor.  You may even see a little tubing from my pump too...just ignore!  =)

So, here's the sad news....I won't see you again until after I am back from IL...a whole THREE weeks from now.  Part of that is good news because the doctor was pleased enough with how I was doing, so I didn't need to be back in for a while...but the sucky part is I don't get to see you for that long.  So until then, just keep pushing on my ab muscles and showing yourself in that way so that I know you are doing  a-okay!  I think in three weeks we get a good detailed scan of you - checking on the chambers of your heart.  Can't wait to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment