Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You are 9 weeks (and a day - I'm a little late with this post!)

Hi baby!  You are nine weeks (and a day!).  So much is changing with you...here's just a little of it:

Your are nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape (another promotion for you on the fruit ladder!) — and you weigh just a fraction of an ounce. You are starting to look more and more human (less seahorse-y). Your essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do your tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone (it's official - not a seahorse!). Your organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. Your external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks (and we can't wait to know - it's killing us!). Your eyes are fully formed, but your eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. You have tiny earlobes, and your mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your basic physiology is in place, you are poised for rapid weight gain.  And I can't wait - I just want to look pregnant already - and have an excuse for my belly to hang over my pants!  =)

We've been having a lot of fun around here, waiting for you to join us.  Your sisters each had a friend over on Saturday night after church and we decided to be brave enough and take them late-night bowling.  Your Mommy actually made it our bowling until 12:30am!  And even beat your Daddy on a game!  =)  The girls' friends were super fun too.  The next morning we woke up and made them a yummy breakfast - eggs, bacon, biscuits, chorizo, and cinnamon rolls....everyone loved it!  We went to a park called Sahuaro Ranch Park (which was started by a man from Peoria, IL - your Mommy's hometown! - back in 1885).  It was a pretty place - an old ranch and farm - we even saw a peacock or two!  We went to the library after that and I found some prenancy books to learn more about you - and your Daddy found some gardening books (I don't think I told you that he has a garden going this year - lots of stuff - squash, cucumbers, green beans, radishes).  All in all, a great weekend!

Oh, and my new pump and CGM is working fabulously.  A little to get used to, but it definitely helps me know if my blood sugar is headed too low or high.  It's kind of a fun little thing to have on me all the time.  Makes me feel a lot more comfortable about blood sugars and where they are (or aren't!).  Plus, I don't have to prick my fingers quite as much because of it.  I still take it 5-6 times a day...but much better than 15...my poor little fingers!  The trainer called me on Saturday and asked if I wanted to get together to learn how to use it.  I guess I wasn't to have read the manuals and started it on my own the Friday before when I got it!  Oh well, I still met with her just to be sure and she pretty much thought I had it under control...she was a little surprised that I got it working correctly on my own, but hey...you got one smart Mommy (and Daddy - he helped me a lot!).

I'm going to miss seeing you this week - I don't have another doctor's appointment scheduled until next Thursday.  I got kind of used to see you so much!  And your heart beating...gotta love seeing your heart beat!

Well, Mommy is tired - you are growing a ton I think because I have no energy by 5pm and my blood sugars are super low, even if I eat a ton.  So, grow away and I will try and get some sleep!  Oh, and here's some pictures of your sisters from this weekend with their friends (and the peacock!).



Tristin, Megan (your sis), Kyndall (your sis), and Charlotte

Megan, Kyndall and Charlotte at Sahuaro Ranch Park

Megan and your Daddy

Sahuaro Ranch Park

Peacock - and it even made goofy noises for us (of course that could've been because the girls were making peacock calls to them first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment