Monday, May 3, 2010

YOU are a God thing!

So, my bundle of love...I thought I would write down some of the crazy timing things related to you and how you were created.  So many things just lined up too perfectly for God not to be involved in all of this.  I wanted to capture all of this so we would never forget your beginnings and how we owe all the glory to God.

1.  Your Daddy and I, from the beginning of our marriage, didn't stop YOU from happening (if you know what I mean!).  It had been a little over a year and were beginning to wonder what was going on and where you were!  Looking back now, our first year of marriage was great to enjoy with each other and the girls to establish "us" as a family first...much needed in hindsight.  And, we had several things happening anyway - I took the voluntary separation from Cat, then we decided to move houses and areas (great decision, by the way, since you wouldn't have had a room at our old house!), took the girls on vacation to San Diego, finished their school years at their old school, started thinking about doing the vacation rental house for Pa and Mimi, worked on the house through the summer to get it ready, enjoyed the summer with a trip to Colorado too, started the girls at their new schools (which they both love), finished up the vacation house and got ready for the first official renters, headed to Illinois for Thanksgiving with the girls, had a crazy December with Kyndall and Bobby's b-day, then Christmas and our 1-year anniversary, started the new year with a bang, having family here, and then February and March were filled with rental after rental at the vacation house.  Whew!  In other words, YOU had perfect timing!

2.  About mid-February, your Mommy (me!) realized that she had gained some happy pounds during the first year of marriage - and - realized that I needed to buckle down a bit more with my blood sugars if you were ever going to happen.  I wanted to be as ready as possible.  So, I started the 30-Day Shred on Feb. 15th and started watching what I was eating more.  By the end of February, your Mommy (me!), got a little frustrated because none of the happy pounds were coming off yet.  So, I started reading Mastering Your Metabolism - which is a book all about getting rid of yucky stuff in our diets (sweetners, soda, high fructose corn syrup, etc. etc.) and eating what helps make our metabolisms work the best for us - how our bodies are expecting us to eat.  Started eating more organic and whole foods (not 100% of the time, but quite a bit) and started seeing my blood sugars really even out with just a few changes.

3. Your Mommy's (that's me!) body felt weird in mid-late February...wasn't sure why...just thought I had a heavy dose of those pre-menstrual things this month. Kind of thought - hmmm - prego? But then the monthly visitor came and that ended that!

4.  By the time we went to Vegas on March 16th, I had finally lost some weight with the new way of eating.  I also had finished the 30-Day Shred and felt great.  I'll just say this right now - by our best guess, March 16th was a big day for your Daddy and I - and YOU.  =)

5.  So, yes, I was now pregnant with you at this point - my blood sugars stable, my eating is healthy, my body weight nearing a normal weight and BOOM!  After over a year of trying, YOU are created!  Coincidence?  I think not!  God is so good...He completely put all of these things in my path to make YOU possible.  God knows and loves us before we are even created - and that is soooo evident with YOU.

6.  At this time, we didn't know YOU were created though.  So, your Daddy and I get back from Vegas (which was such a blast with all the McCully's, by the way - can't wait for you to meet them too!) and think our lives will be business as usual.  We get to the end of March and I have the dreaded yearly exam at my gynecologist's office.  We talked about your Daddy and I not getting pregnant yet and what the next steps are - she told me she would write me a prescription for Clomid and I would try that next month and see what happened.  She did the exam and we talked a little more and I mentioned the weird PMS-y symptoms I had a month and a half ago (see #3) and asked if I had a period after, I said yes, and I thought that was the end of that.  Right before she walked out the door and we were done, she said, "Before you leave, let's have you take a pregnancy test, just to be sure, okay?".  Of course it was okay...and I went and peed in a cup for them and before I knew it, she was rounding the cornor back into the exam room where I was waiting saying that I was pregnant!

7.  The special part about this piece is that these weird PMS-y symptoms that I had weren't from you being created...I ended up not being pregnant until March 16th (Vegas baby!)...but for whatever reason (enter God here!) I had these symptoms to tell her about at my yearly appointment.  Without them, there would have been no reason to have me take a prego test, and then I wouldn't have known for another 1-2 weeks most likely that you were already with me!  March was a crazy busy month for us - and even though I'd checked ovulation and pregnancy tests every other month - this month was just one of those where I didn't have time for it...so how cool is it that God put me at my yearly appointment at the earliest possible time to get a positive result on the prego test?  And this is SUPER important to me because I was able to start watching my blood sugars like a hawk so you weren't affected by anything bad.  I literally couldn't have found out any sooner that I was pregnant with you...so how cool is that?  Best yearly gyno appointment I've ever had!

So...new way of eating, losing a little weight, taking out sweetners, taking a Vegas trip, weird PMS symptoms, crazy busy March, and random yearly appointment all result to YOU!  Someone may blame this all on luck (we were in Vegas after all!), but I say luck scmuck!  No such thing...it's all God's timing (perfect, at that!), and His plan and design.  You are a blessing from God, this has nothing to do with luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment