Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby...Let's Start Talking Months Now - Like, THREE Months!!!!

Hi baby!  I am so excited to say that I am 12 week - or three months - along with you!  For some reason three months seems like a huge milestone!  Although I am still in my first trimester...next week is the official move into the 2nd trimester.  You have a lot going on down there in my belly!  Here's just a few things:

You are the size of a plum this week!  Your vocal cords begin to form, while perhaps not quite ready to be introduced to the nearest opera stage, you will use these immediately following the moment of birth. And we can't wait to hear that first cry!  Your precious eyes begin to move closer together - and we wonder if you will have Daddy's green eyes or my blue eyes.  Your eye lids cover your eyes now until around the 7th month.  Your ears also have now shifted to their normal place on the side of the head (yay!).  The most dramatic development this week are your reflexes. Your fingers will soon begin to open and close, your toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and your mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, you will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it yet (darn it!). Your intestines have moved farther in to your body (they used to be in the umbilical cord).  Also, your liver begins to function, which is responsible for cleansing the blood, storing nutrients, and providing needed chemicals, this is an important event!  And guess what? You are now at a whopping length: about 2.5 inches and weigh anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce.

We had a busy week with your sisters.  They are almost done with school...and most of their finals are done and over at this point.  They just have a couple more days.  I am off to Illinois tomorrow morning (with you too!), so your Daddy has to hold down the fort.  Luckily, the girls are with him this weekend, so he won't get too bored without you and me.  =)  I am so looking forward to seeing all my family and friends in Illinois!  But, it will be tough to leave your Daddy and sisters.  We will tell you much more about this as you grow up, but we used to live 1600 miles away from each other while we were dating and didn't see each other for weeks at a time...so I guess we can handle 5 days. =)  Then, after I get back next week, we get to finally see you again at the doctor's,  It's been a while...we can't wait to see you again!  Wondering if we will catch an early shot of whether you are a boy or girl.  It defnitely wouldn't be a 100% thing...your "stuff" is still developing until the 14-15th week...but who knows...maybe you'll cooperate!  What we have been able to do is hear your gorgeous little heart beat on the fetal doppler we bought.  Yes, I am addicted.  Usually two times a day I listen to you (well, yesterday was three, but Kyndall wanted to hear you!).  And you are still a mover!  But, you come in nice and clear...which defnitely means you are getting bigger and bigger!  Your heart rate last week was always around 170...and this week it's more like 165..which is normal...you should level off here soon in a couple weeks.

My belly is probably about the same during the day...but watch out...at night, my muscles around you just give up and say "I don't want to hold it all in anymore!".  So, night times are a little more "out there", if you will, than day times.  Here's a 12-week pic...during the day.

12 weeks

Oh...and here's some cutie patootie pics of your sisters goofing around this week with the camera.  Thought you'd like to see their cute faces!  Believe it or not, we were headed out the door to a school event and they were already in the car ready to go...waiting for your Daddy and me!


These are their "we are up to something" faces

Trying to be serious


Not so serious!  =)


Well, baby, it's just you and me taking the flight to Illinois!  Our first trip together...can't wait to show you off to everyone there!

1 comment: