Friday, June 25, 2010

The Diaper Bag Dilemma

Okay, just for fun - I thought I would stray from my normal "talk to BabyAJ" post style and ask for your help!  I am looking for my diaper bag and want your input!  Look at the choices below!

Read the descriptions on each to help make the fully informed decision! The key is that this will be my purse as well as the diaper bag...and I already carry a big purse because...well, I am a girl...and I have tons of diabetes stuff to always tote with me (blood meter, extra insulin, syringes, glucagon, sugar if I am low, etc.).

The Expensive Gap Bag
This one is a Gap purchase (althought it's not Gap brand). It is new and spent $80. It also has the side pouches for my cell phone, but my diabetes stuff doesn't fit as well in there, so it would go in the front pouches. The inside has a diaper mat in a pouch area, where other baby stuff can go. There are bottle holders there too. I tried my stuff in this one and things get a little mixed up (baby vs. my stuff) on the inside...the areas aren't as separated as the other bag. But it's so stinking cute! =)

The Cheaper Consignment Store "Petunia Pickle Bottom" Bag

This is a Petunia Pickle...as as much as I hate pickles, I love these bags! It was bought at a consignment store for $20, which is a great price considering new ones are waaay more. It has the side pockets (cell phone and diabetes stuff can go there) and then the front zipper area you see completely unzips and rolls out a diaper mat with plenty of extra pouches and area for diapers and wipes, even a change of clothes. The inside pouch (can't see it in this pic) is plenty big with a couple bottle holder areas and then other zippers and area for my regular purse stuff. Oh, and I think on the shoulder strap there is even a little zipper area for a pacifier - quick draw! =) Keeps stuff separated nicely...which is always nice for a big purse, digging to find my keys, blood meter, and whatever else-kind of girl! =)

Okay...so vote away!  =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,

    I say get it both, sooner or later you will end up using both of them. I agree way to cute to pass them up.

    Later
    Aunt Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora! Thanks for the vote - I would love to keep them both, but my Baby's Daddy says "choose one". =) I decided to take the Gap bag back...I figure if I need another one along the way the consignment stores will have more cute ones for me! We can't wait to see you guys...just a little under two weeks now til we head your way!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete