Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 16!

Wow, my little baby boy...it seems like weeks are flying by now!  I can't believe I can say that I am almost four months along with you!  Crazy!  Here's your progress this week:

Get ready for a growth spurt, little boy! In the next few weeks, you will double your weight and add inches to your length. Right now, you about the size of an avocado (which, technically is a fruit I guess, even though it is treated most times as a veggie - like a tomato, completely misunderstood!).  You are 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Your legs are much more developed, your head is more erect than it has been, and your eyes have moved closer to the front of your head. "They" say that you can move your eyes back and forth now too!  Your ears are close to their final position, too (oh, and they are in the final stages of development, so you can officially hear us talk to you now!). The patterning of your scalp has begun, though your lovely locks aren't recognizable yet. You've even started growing toenails (be careful with those things in there, okay?). And there's a lot happening inside of you as well. For example, your heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as you continue to develop.

For me, you are definitely showing more!  Thank goodness for maternity waistbands!  "They" tell me that I should be in the glowing stage of pregnancy too, since you are cranking out some quarts of blood now.  And this is true...if by "glowing" they mean oily!  =)

"They" also tell me that I should be (finally) feeling you move soon, and for that, I cannot wait.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to be feeling or what to expect, so I can't wait until it happens and I finally realize it's you!  We always see you moving around so much on the ultrasound and watching that I can't believe I can't feel you...so I'm sure I should feel you soon!  "They" also say that I should not be sleeping on my back any more, something about cutting off a major aorta of blood to you?  Yeah, that'll freak a first time mommy  out for sure!  Any time you put the word "aorta" with "cut" in reference to you, my unborn baby, that doesn't sit well.  Which also is concerning since I start out sleeping on my left side and always wake up on my back.  Ugh...I really don't want to get one of those pregnancy pillows (I mean, pay money for a huge pillow, which we already have a million of?), but they are supposed to support you and not allow you to roll on your back.  Whatever...we'll see...it's probably just one of those things that they freak you out with (enter, lunch meat, hot dogs and caffeine) and really doesn't matter too much in the end.







Here's my AJ bump at 10 weeks









And...here it is today, six weeks later, at 16 weeks. 









Kyndall is gone this week...we dropped her off yesterday at church and she officially arrived in Durango, Colorado last night for a Christ In Youth conference with other high school kids.  It's her first time going and it's supposed to be an amazing week for her.  She already has such a strong faith and loves Jesus so much, but I can't wait to hear how God has moved in her life even further!  She gets back on Saturday and we miss her a lot around here!  Megan is bored to death and has officially declared that there is no one to bug.  Your Daddy and I notice that it is considerably quiet around here too!  We can't wait to pick her up Saturday afternoon and hear all about it!  In the meantime, Megan gets to rule the roost around here - she gets to choose a restaurant for us to eat at tonight, help me make cinnamon bread on Friday and then I will make her favorite meal (chicken and noodles) on Friday night for dinner.  So, as bored as she is, she's still loving it.  =)

I guess that's it for this week baby AJ!  Make sure and kick extra hard this week because Mommy wants to feel you in there, okay?!  =)  Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, baby AJ you have grown!!! I can't imagine how different your mommy is going to look next time I see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa and MiMi love that bump!

    ReplyDelete