Tuesday, August 31, 2010

26 Weeks Babycakes!

Okay, little girlie, you are getting bigger and stronger by the day....and I can feel it!  Now if your Cousin Kiara would feel it, that would be perfect!  Everyone here in Illinois has felt you kick now (Pa, Mimi, Aunt Nikki)....but not Kiara yet and she wants to feel you so bad!  You are kicking away right now, the problem is, you are a night owl when it comes to your kicking, and Kiara is already in bed!  We got a couple more days baby girl, so time is short!


I have lots to share this week about Illinois, but first, here's all about you....


You should be around 14 inches long and anywhere from 2 - 2.5 pounds.  We go in next week for an ultrasound, so I can't wait to get your true measurements!


After a month of having your eyelids sealed shut, you now begin to open your eyes again this week. Your eyes are almost completely developed. Your eyes are blue in there in the womb and may change colors later in life. This is true for all races because the pupils do not have their final color until a few months after birth. However, some babies are born with darker or lighter shades of blue. You will continue to put on layers of fat until you are born. You are still lean at this point of the pregnancy though. By the time you are born though, you will assume the typical newborn's plumpness. Your skin is still wrinkled and red, but the fat continues to fill your skin out. 

Finger and toe nails continue to grow and blood vessels start to develop in your lungs to prepare you for life outside the uterus.  By the end of this week, your air sacs will be developed enough to function out here in the real world

Your blood circulation is completely functional. Your umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through your body to nurture you. My placenta is now almost equal in size to you. 

Even though it is still way too soon for you to be born yet, the chance of survival is up to 85% and the chance of survival without severe abnormalities is now 70%.  Your odds are getting better and better!


My feet are swelling on a regular basis...and that trip from AZ to IL really did a number on my feet!  Whew!  You should've seen them after I got off the plane.  Luckily, sleeping at night kind of "resets" them for the next day and then towards the end of the day they are puffy again.


Your Daddy and I flew to IL this past Friday and got to first eat lunch with Pa, Aunt Nikki and your Cousin Vera (Kiara was in school)...then we got to go pick up Kiara at school and surprise her!  She didn't think we would be there yet, so she quickly realized it was your Daddy and I standing there after school let out and was shocked.  Of course, she came and gave us big hugs and we hung out with them for a while until your Uncle Ryan came home and we went to Pa and Mimi's for dinner.  The next day was full of swimming (and sleeping in, your Daddy and I were TIRED)...and getting ready for your shower the next day.  


Speaking of that...your shower was AMAZING!  Did you know that there were 62 people there?  Yikes!  There were so many family and friends and it was a little hectic to try to talk to everyone, but it was so worth it.  See baby girl, so many people love you already!  I wish I had pictures of all the cute clothes and gifts you got too, but I don't.  Just trust me though, you are going to be one well-dressed little girlie!  Your Mimi really outdid herself getting ready for everyone to be there, and then feeding everyone and making sure everyone had a seat even...your Pa was awesome helping with all of that too.  And then your Aunt Nikki planned the event so well too...overall, it was just a great day.  Exhausting, but great.  I'm sure you felt many hands on you throughout the day...lots of belly-touchers and I loved it!  =)


Your Daddy left yesterday and he's busy taking care of your Sisters all by himself back in AZ.  He's such a good Daddy.   I'm really missing him a bunch...but I love that I get to stay here and see even more family and friends.  Like today, I got to see an old friend from grade school, another old co-worker and then I am spending the night with your Aunt Nikki and Cousins tonight...so I got to spend a couple hours with Vera and Kiara before they went to bed.  Still to come this week will be seeing an old college friend and see your great grandmas and grandpa one more time....then Pa and Mimi fly back with me to AZ for a little vacation themselves.


Here are a few pictures I have of the trip....I think I need to get better at taking pictures...I should have a TON more than this!


Sweet girls at the pool



Kiara playing with bean bags after pool time



I think Vera was throwing a bean bag to Mimi in this picture



Your Daddy and Cousins posing while playing bags....and a set of bunny ears too!



Vera was WOUND UP today when I got to their house...the only reason this is a good picture is because she didn't know I was snapping pictures!



Your Aunt and Vera - she's not so happy with me taking pictures anymore!



So, I came up with a game to get her to take a picture with me...I "push the button" first....and then....



...she gets to "push the button".  Whatever works to get her to pose for a picture!



Kiara and her American Girl Doll with the crazy hair!



Posing with their chairs...I painted Kiara's chair years ago, so this trip I got to finally paint a chair for Vera too!

Baby girl, you are kicking away right now in there!  Save some of those to share with your Cousin Kiara tomorrow and the next day, okay?  Love you girlie!

1 comment:

  1. We had a GREAT week! We miss you already. THanks for doing the chair and spending so much time with us. WE can't wait to come to AZ to see all of you and baby AJ!!!!!

    ReplyDelete