Monday, November 8, 2010

36 Weeks - THREE to go!





Hey baby girl!  That's you in there!  Your Daddy and I had a photo shoot yesterday - didn't he do an awesome job?  He's so good.  Exactly what I wanted.  My poor little belly button looks like it can't decide whether to be in or out though!  We make fun of it all the time.  =)  I will post a few more pictures that your Daddy took in a bit too!


You are 36 weeks!  Yay!  People ask me if I am scared or nervous - and maybe I am living in denial right now, but I'm not.  Of course, I know that there most certainly be moments during the hard parts of labor or recovery that I will question what the heck we were thinking to get pregnant.  I would be surprised if I didn't think that during the hard moments.  But that's just it - they are moments.  Fleeting moments.  You will be in my arms soon and that's all I can focus on - there is such an incredible means to the end with labor - YOU!

Oh, and did you see the video I posted a couple days ago?  You rolling my belly around?  If not, check it out below this one.  You have definitely taken over the tummy space!  It's crazy to think that your movement inside of me has gone from - was that flutter her? - to - oh, there's a kick - to - wow, she's dancing and flipping in there! - to, finally - dang, I think she wants out!  That's how it feels lately - like you want to be out of there as much as we all want you out of there! 



So this week - although we may have a few more weeks to go, you are considered full term at the end of this week. Woot woot!  The only organ that still needs some time to mature is your lungs. While I am completely  ready to be NOT pregnant and have you in my arms (already!), I have to remember that every day you spend in the womb increases your chance of the prevention of breathing difficulties.

This week you have dropped further into the birth canal in preparation for delivery.  Your Daddy has even noticed my belly is lower.  You startle me a bit when you stretch into my ribs and bang your head against my cervix! There is definitely a lot more pressure and activity in the lower half these days!  I can tell that you are beginning to run out of room in those cramped quarters!


The average size of babies in the 36th week is 19-20 inches long and 6.5 pounds in weight. You are gaining more fat every day, about a half pound a week from here on out.  Your gums are very rigid, and you will be ready to nurse when you are born.

So, your Daddy and I went Christmas shopping this weekend.  Yes, already.  You, my little one will be here right when Mommy normally does her shopping, so I thought it would be best to get most of it done.  And we did...your Daddy is a trooper!  While we were out...and actually each day I realize this a little more....that I think I make strangers nervous.  I am at the point with my belly that I think that others are looking at me wondering if the whole going-into-labor-thing will happen right then and there.  I think I am making people a little nervous nowadays being in public!  You should see them stare at you and then all of a sudden realize that they shouldn't be gawking at the belly that much and give me an apologetic smile.  Kind of funny to me, actually.  Also, while your Daddy and I were at Target, there was a little voice yelling, "Baby!  Baby!  Baby!".  Once I realize it may have something to do with me (there were no babies around!), I look and it's a little 3-4 year old girl with her dad.  She was pointing to you in my belly while she was yelling "Baby!".  Too cute.

To finish off (almost)...here is the countdown for the week.  Three things I already love about you, even if I have never seen you!


3.  You are never boring!  You are a little mover and shaker - you like to be active, but you seem to sleep well too - let's hope that continues!
2.  You love your Daddy - you love his voice and I can tell you know him already, especially when he's being his normal loud, outgoing self!
1.  I love the way you wake up in the mornings.  You are quiet all through the night (and I am up a couple times at least to take my blood sugar and go the bathroom!) and then in the morning, once I have woken up and moved around some, I can slowly feel you coming to life in there.  Even though I can't see you, I can only imagine how cute this will be!


Alright baby girl...time to sign off.  But I will leave you will some of the belly pictures your Daddy took the other day.  A couple have been edited, but most are just the raw shot. And yes, my belly button can't decide whether to stay in or pop out.  =)  Enjoy!  Love you girlie!











1 comment:

  1. Oh Dani - you are getting soooo close - enjoy these last few days - life will never be the same(but in a very GOOD way)!!!!
    Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete