Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week 38 - ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!

Oh my goodness my sweet little baby girl....this is probably the last post before we SEE you...HOLD you...MEET you!  I am so stinkin' excited and that's an understatement!


First things first - I went to my last OB appointment today (and had an AFI and NST - you looked great on both of those - fluid was up even to a 12.7 - and the tech thought you were a lot lower in there too!).  The OB told me I was all scheduled for next week - November 30th - at 7:30am!  That's our time!  We check in and get the ball rolling from there.  I am so happy that we have a morning slot too...it'd be waaay too painful to wait until any later!


We have a few things left to get done before you get here - but honestly - it isn't that much.  I feel like I did back in high school or college when I had a major test to prepare for.  And I did all I could for it, and the night before the test I felt like I should be studying more, but I knew everything I thought I should...and that almost made me more nervous because I felt like I forgot something major and didn't prepare right in the end for it!  I feel like that now with you - I have prepared for you intensely all along the way - and all the stuff around the house is in good shape too (I even have several frozen meals ready to go in the freezer!).  So...what's left?  Did I forget something?  I don't think so, and even so, I am still pretty nervous for all of this to happen.  I am sure this is normal....the little tiny amazing thing that I have been waiting for FOREVER (it seems) is finally coming and scheduled to come, at that, and I am nervous?  I truly can't wait and am nervous all at the same time little girlie!


Thanksgiving is this week - and usually I am all about thinking about food and family - but to be honest - I haven't thought much about anything at all but you.  You are overriding everything this week!  Plus, we don't have your Sisters this Thanksgiving, so your Daddy and I are on our own really.  Without much to do on a major holiday, we thought it'd be great if you just came along and we could celebrate in the hospital with you?  What do you think?  =)


This is a week all about "lasts".  Will this be the last time I get to the grocery store before Avery is here?  Will I fill up my car with gas another time before Avery comes?  This will be my last weekend to walk and exercise for a long time before you are here!  It may sound crazy, but I really do think about all of this now!  Your Sisters are dying to meet you too.  Kyndall has made it clear that I need some really good contractions (bigger and badder than the ones I always have) to get things rolling soon or she's going to go crazy.  =)  Megan still loves to feel you rolling in my belly.  I love how excited they are.  They already love you so much too!


Speaking of your Sisters, we put up the Christmas tree tonight!  Another "last"...the last time we will put a tree up for Christmas without you with us!  Here are some pictures....


 The start of the tree - we got this tree from Pa and Mimi and it's HUGE - 8 foot!

 Whew!  All the branches are on!

 The girls decorating

And your Daddy finishing it off with the star!

Putting up the Nativity set too

Our new Christmas stockings - handmade by Renie - an old family friend.  They are so cool!

Here's the final product - how good does it look in our living room?!  There's even a couple wrapped gifts under the tree already - from your Daddy to me!

The other half of the family room/dining room with the stockings and Nativity set - we are not only ready for you, but ready for Christmas too!


Drum roll please!  Here it is Avery Jo...The FINAL piece to our countdown! In honor of ONE week until we see you, here is the #1 best thing about you!  (And your Daddy and I both came up with this one together!)






You are the unifying piece to our family.  You will be the ONLY person in our family that "shares blood" with each of the other members.  No one else can say that.  You have a little of each of us in you - how cool is that?  Me...I just share you.  Your Daddy shares you and your Sisters.  Your Sisters share each other and you and your Daddy.  But you, my darling, you have a little of us all in you!  We love that thought.  You are the piece that molds us officially into ONE.  You combine us ALL together!  And for that reason, we cannot wait to meet you and love on you!  We can't wait to see what you look like - WHO you look like!  We can't wait to know your little mannerisms and if that was more like me, your Daddy, Kyndall, Megan....I'm sure we will all be fighting over who you most resemble in cuteness!  Whomever that is, the bottom line is is that you will have a little of all of us represented in your personality, skin, face, hair/eye color, genetics and temperament!  


If I could choose - I would give you your Daddy's passion and love for people and things you believe in.  There is no one else on this earth that has more love and fire in his heart than your Daddy. And his ability to learn and grow, especially in God.  I truly hope you get that from him.  And also, his amazing green eyes of course!  I would give you your Sister, Kyndall's ability to reason things out.  I would love for you to have her maturity of the heart and always be able to have that great perspective on life, especially in tough situations.  From Megan, I would give you her gentle, joyful nature.  I would love for you to always be a kid at heart, just like your big sister.  And then, at the same time, grow up to be an amazingly, mature woman...but always have a little naivety about you.   From both girls, I pray for your heart to be God's, just like theirs is.  Your Sisters amaze me with their love for the Lord and how they are so ready and willing to stand up for what they believe in at their age (they get that from their/your Daddy!).  And if you could have their Hispanic skin, that'd be amazing too!  From me...I'd give you my balance.  Your Mimi always told me growing up that this was one of my best qualities and I have realized what that means as I get older.  Just to be the balance in any situation and think logically...whether it's easy, tense, tough, etc. situations...to be able to see things from all points of views.  And if you could have my "good sleeper" trait as well....I'd love that!  =)


You see baby girl, you are The Marin melting pot!  You get to be a part of each of us.  A role that no one else in this family has.  And that's a big job, but I have a feeling you will be more than great in this role.  And one more thing, if you could NOT have the "stubborn" trait that seems to run rampant in this family and we all possess...that would be best for all of us!  =) 


We are ready sweet girl...I know that God has this all under His wings.  I am nervous, but letting God have all of that instead.  I am going to enjoy this last week with you in my belly and all the kicking and turning.   I have seriously LOVED being pregnant with you.  God was so good to me and gave me a great pregnancy with you - even though I had to deal with all the diabetes stuff - He really have me a great nine months with you.  He knows what He is doing!  He loves you already, baby girl....and I know without a doubt that His love is already tucked away in that heart of yours.  I can't wait to see what God created in you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dani - I will miss these posts so please try and continue on after Avery gets here - I haven't missed one. Good luck - you will do great!!!!
    Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Dani you will and already are a fabulous caring and warm mommy! love the blog! congrats to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Avery to get here, or AZ! She is very blessed to have all of you as her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jsut wanted to say I hope you're all doing well!! Can't wait to see pics of little Avery!

    ReplyDelete