Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FULL TERM!!!!!!!!! 37 Weeks and TWO To GO!

BABY GIRL!!!!!  This week is BIIIIIIG.  HUUUUGE.  You are full term now!  Something I didn't know before I got pregnant was that a baby's due date is 40 weeks (yes, I think we all knew that)...but being "full term" can be anywhere from 37 - 42 weeks.  So...it's not an exact time to be "term", it's a five-week range.  And thank goodness I get the luxury of NOT testing the back end of that five-week range - you go to 39-ish at the most and no waiting around for us!

I don't have too much to post right now (although, watch how long this post ends up being - I bet it'll be longer than I think it'll be right now - I have a tendency to be a little wordy!).  I will be sharing a BUNCH of information after our Thursday's doctor's appointment.  From my understanding, you will get all figured out that day.  So, we will first have another (final?) growth scan and see how big little Miss Linebacker has become in the last four weeks.  After they know this, I meet with my OB and we set up a PLAN.  That's right....we get to have a plan on Thursday as to how all of this goes down!  Your somehow-now-a-Type-A-personality-but-used-to-be-Type-B Mama has been waiting for this so it makes her very happy!  I don't know QUITE what to expect with this visit, but from my understanding, a lot of the when's and how's will be set in stone on Thursday...but I am fully bracing myself if all isn't figured out that day too.  All that to say - I will have some good information to share after that happens on Thursday morning.

What has happened this week?  For us, your Sisters, Daddy and I had our last weekend as a family of four.  And for some reason the realization of that was a little sad to me.  I know it's just the whole thought of it all changing and saying goodbye to the old and hello to the new - which all of us are COMPLETELY looking forward to.  It's just the "end of an era" kind of thing.  We just had an awesome weekend, though.  It was one of those where nothing spectacular was planned, no big deals happened, we just really enjoyed each other and had such a good weekend together.  Your Sister, Kyndall had a cross country banquet that we all went to...and she won an award!  It was called the LionHeart Award.  She got this because even though she was only able to run a couple of the first races before she was sidelined with her stress fracture, she was still a part of the heart of the team - going to practices, doing what she could, and just being a part and adding to the family feel of the team.  I think the coach said that typically, runners that are hurt easily just slip away, but Kyndall stayed an integral part of the "family" even with being hurt.  Needless to say, we were soooo proud of her!  What a cool surprise to get in front of the entire team and their families!

 Kyndall with her CC friends at the banquet
All the kids and families at the banquet

Then, on Sunday, we decorated for Christmas already - yes, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  But, you are coming just around the corner, silly, so we had to get a head start.  Especially with your Sister, Megan loving holidays and decorating like she does.  She was in Christmas Heaven!  We don't have the tree up yet (next week?) and no outside lights either (Daddy and Megan can do that even when you are with us)...but I have to say - the inside of our house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Your Daddy and I even have 95% of the Christmas shopping done!  We are good, aren't we?  He's such a good Daddy - he really helped me get everything this year - which is much appreciated when you are verging on being nine months prego!  We just need to wrap stuff...maybe this weekend?


Your Dad and Sister, Megan getting into the Christmas spirit at the movie theater!


Alright...here's your update this week...probably a little boring!

Like I said above - huge news this week: I am carrying a full-term baby - YOU! If I were to go into labor today, all systems would be a go. Woohoo! But, even though I can't wait for my little bambino to quite literally rear your head, I still keep in mind that you benefit from every day in the oven.

Your growth slows down dramatically this week, which is great news for my birth canal. Your bones are still soft and pliable and will solidify after you are born. More great news for my birth canal!

So if you are all cooked and ready to go, what the heck are you still doing in there?! You are busy practicing for "life on the outside," working on your breathing (you still get the hiccups 2-4 times a day!), sucking, sleeping, gazing and peeing abilities. The only thing you can't practice yet is your ability to scream at the top of your lungs when you're hungry—but you'll do plenty of that in a few weeks.

At this point babies vary in size, but the average length is around 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6.5 or so pounds.


You are still moving like a champ in there.  This past weekend you were REALLY active - like - it-kind-of-hurt active!  And then the next couple of days you will chill out a bit and still move, but not karate chop movements or throwing yourself against my uterine wall kind of movements.  And then, after a couple days of rest, you'll be back at playing ping pong with your body in my womb again!


Your Mommy has swollen feet, of course.  That's old news by now...and yes, they are still here.  My belly button is more officially "popped" now.  It definitely shows through the shirts.  Everyone says it's cute, but I'm not so sure.  =)  And I still have contractions pretty regularly.  Sometimes as much as six per hour.  They are definitely getting stronger too.  It's crazy how the belly just tightens right up into a ball!  One additional thing that just hit in the last day or two is some indigestion/acid reflux.  It hurts!  So strange that I haven't felt this at all up until now, but again...for a Mama that hasn't had many symptoms of being prego at all (except for the massive belly!), I can't complain!  The end is in sight, so I can deal with this!


And  speaking of massive belly - here's some belly pics at week 37.  I put week 33 next to it to compare.  I don't think I look all that much bigger - and you have moved down a bit too.


 Week 33 - high and out there!
Week 37 - a little lower and still out there!


Oh...we meet with two pediatricians this week.  I'll let you know how that goes too later.  Both are open house events where we will just go and talk with them and see how we like them.  That will be one of the final pieces to be nailed down before you get here!


See - I told you this would still be long!  Oh well...that's your Mommy!  Okay, to wrap this all up - here's the countdown for the week.  In honor of TWO weeks left, here are the top TWO things that I never knew about pregnancy until I actually went through it myself!


2.  I never knew that contractions feel like menstrual cramps.  I know they will get worse and worse...so it won't be as "easy" as normal period cramps were before...but that general feeling is the same at least to start with.  I think I expected contractions to be sharper pains - and definitely didn't expect my whole belly to tighten up into a ball!


1. That you would move SO MUCH and I would feel it all!  I had absolutely no idea it would be so feel-able!  Or even view-able!  I know that maybe you are more of a mover and a shaker than some, so that might be some of it...but still...I will never forget the feel of you waking up in the morning and stretching out in my tummy.  Or, when you push back with your butt up in the air.  Or, when you are a crazy baby and bouncing off the walls!  I love them all - and will miss them even when you are in my arms!


Alright baby girl...your Mama is out!  We can't wait to know more on Thursday - we'll keep you in the loop.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment