Friday, November 19, 2010

You Are Scheduled To Arrive!

Hey baby!  I wanted to update you on yesterday's doc appointment.  First of all, we had a growth scan and saw your chubby cheeks up there on the screen.  Good news is that your belly isn't measuring too much bigger than your head!  You weighed in at 7 lbs and 14 oz!  You are definitely on track to be the 9 lb baby that your Mommy and Daddy were!  The tech told us (again) that you had chubby cheeks.  Old news to us by now.  =)  Your amniotic fluid level was back up to 11.5, which is a great spot for you to be in!  Here's a couple of pics.  You don't "photograph" as well as you used to since all the space is being used up in there now...but hopefully you can make these out pretty well.

This one has your forehead on the right side - but you umbilical cord is right in front of your forehead actually. So you can't really see your eyes or forehead, but move to the left a little and there is your cute nose, mouth (which is open a little), and yes - your chubby cheeks! 

Profile shot - your lips are all puckered up because your face is all smooshed and out of room in there!

Your Daddy and I were hoping we would get your inducement or c-section scheduled while we were in the office yesterday...and we were so happy that is exactly what happened.  First though, after the growth scan, had your non-stress test, which you passed with flying colors - you were a mover and a shaker yesterday!  Then, we had the OB appointment.  We met with the nurse practitioner again (which I like, because, well, I like her and she spends a lot of time with us).  She looked over your growth and said that you looked great - not even that big!  I mean, you are on the bigger side obviously. But, in terms of diabetic mama's, you are on the more normal side for what they see.  And, your belly hadn't grown bigger than your head - it was a little bigger - but not significant enough for them to schedule a c-section instead of being induced.  Good news baby girl!  We are scheduled to start the inducement on Nov. 30th!  Although, some parts of me want to just have a c-section and know that you would be in my arms for sure on Nov. 30th - no long labor, etc.  But, My body will love me later if we can avoid it as well.

Depending on how my cervix was (dilated, softened, short vs. long) looking (or feeling, I guess) the inducement would happen in one of two ways.  If it looked dilated and soft (in other words, ready to give birth), they would just schedule me with pitocin to induce the labor.  If not, then it would start with a cervix-softening gel (cervadil) and then that would take some hours to "work" and then pitocin would be started.  The nurse practitioner checked my cervix and I am definitely in the later category.  Even with all the contractions I have been having and continue to have...it doesn't look like it's doing much to my cervix.  So, she is arranging with the hospital an exact time on the 30th to go the cervadil route.  We will know the exact time we are scheduled this Monday (I have another OB appointment and NST then).  I'm crossing my fingers for an early start!  

I also mentioned again my blood sugars dropping a bit still (concern with the health of the placenta).  She said to keep watching and report back at the appointment on Monday.  So, I guess there is a slight chance (depending on how drastic things get with the blood sugars over the weekend) that you could be here sooner, but at this point, you will be born my 39th week.

One more picture - one of my Mom's (your Mimi's) old friends, Renie, was super duper sweet to us and made us all Christmas stockings.  We just got them in the mail today and I had to share.  I am so excited to have hand made stockings for Christmas now!  I just think they are so cool.



That's about it, baby girl.  You are moving around as usual in there like crazy.  Keep it up!  I can't wait to meet you and have your skin finally touch mine!  Oh, and see in person those chubby cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment