Saturday, April 3, 2010

Told Your Grandpa, Grandmas, Aunts and Uncles!

Again, God is good, because how perfectly did He time EVERYTHING about you?! Way too perfectly! So perfectly that your grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins on my side were coming in for a vacation in a few days after we found out you were in my belly. We could tell them in person! They were going to be so excited and we knew it...and I can barely keep anything inside for too long (and God only gives us as much as we can handle, right?!)...so the three day wait must've been about as much as I could handle! Although, your Daddy tried to break me down and call them before they came (because he was too excited too!)...but somehow - not sure how - I said, let's just wait! And so glad that we did. We met them over at their vacation house when they arrived in Phoenix and brought a stack of pics with us from when we had hung out with the McCully's in the last month here in AZ and Vegas (which, by the way, will always be a lucky town for you!). We had put a picture in the stack that we made of a stork carrying a baby and the words, "Baby Marin, Coming Nov - Dec 2010". I gave the stack of pics to your grandma (she's going to want you to call her Mimi, by the way) with your grandpa (he'll be Pa to you). After a few pictures in, "your" picture came up...and I think you confused your grandma already! She thought it was an old baby announcement for Meghan (McCully) Benson's little girl Marin (yep, her first name is our last name!) and kind of passed the picture off to Pa...and then grabbed it back again and it all started setting in with the both of them. All of a sudden they got it and started hugging us and tearing up...then your Aunt Nikki and Uncle Ryan figured out what this was all about and hugged us and congratulated us too. Your cousin Kiara, was a little more of a hard sell (I think she liked having me to herself up until now)...but I will say, after being a little sad in that moment, she gave you a kiss every night during their vacation (she kissed my belly before we left Mimi and Pa's house). Vera, of course, hadn't a clue what was happening. =)

Then, your Daddy called your other grandma and your aunts and uncles on his side about the news (you have lots of aunts and uncles on his side - he has lots of brothers and sisters!  Can't wait for you to meet them!). They were all so excited. Your grandma was the hardest to get ahold of - she's quite a busy lady, even in her 70's - so we didn't get to tell her until the next morning. She was super happy about the news and is betting that you are a boy. Only you and God know that at this point...so we'd love it if she is right...but, to be honest, I'd still love it if she was wrong too. I just want you perfect and exactly the way God made you! Although, your Daddy does need another boy in this household with him...so I'd love for that boy to be you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment