Thursday, April 29, 2010

You Look Like A Baby!!!!

My baby...we were so excited to see you today...and you look like a baby - not just a blob anymore!  We even saw your brain on the ultrasound - crazy!  Mommy was nervous going into the appointment - not sure why I get that way - probably because I don't have huge symptoms of being prego with you, and then the small things I do have seem to fluctuate - and that makes me worry that you are going away.  Anyway...I was nervous to see you again, and then vwa-lah!  There you were!  Your heartbeat is a strong 158!  Everyone is trying to correlate your heart rate and whether you are a boy or a girl (your Pa thinks that your heart rate is saying "girl" now, your Aunt Rhonda thinks your a boy, Cousin Vera said "baby girl" when Mimi showed her your picture and Aunt Sandy said "she", so I take it that she's betting on girl)...well, your Daddy did a little research and there is no relation, especially this early.  Maybe a little correlation right before you are born...but that's it.  You measured at 3/4 of an inch.  They measured me at 8 weeks 3 days, instead of 8 weeks 2 days...doesn't seem like a huge deal probably, but I'm thinking, "oh great, I'm producing a big baby already and it's only been two months!"  But, I asked and the "age" will fluctuate early on like this.  They only change your due date if you are eight days different.  So, just keep growing away in there!

I met with the CDE again after the ultrasound (she's a midwife/nurse practicioner too) and she talked through some things with me.  Can I color my hair?  Yes (Whew!  I'm looking rough!).  Can I use nail polish remover/nail polish?  Yes (Another whew!  I scraped all my scrappy nail polish off the other night with my fingers because I wasn't for sure yet!).  Oh - and I told her the good news too - I get my new pump/CGM tomorrow morning!  Yep, just that quick!  It all got approved yesterday and they shipped it on out the door!  So excited to set it all up when it comes....and guess what?  I chose a different color this time (I have clear now)...they have a new color - pink!  That's what mine will be!  I'll take a few pictures of it for you when I get it tomorrow.  Deal?  Deal.  Other than that, she looked at my blood sugar numbers and thought they looked a little bit better and couldn't stress enough that she'd like to see my numbers (especially the low ones) up a bit.  I'm trying, really am...everything is seems so unpredictable sometimes and she reassured me that this is normal for the 1st trimester - it's going to even out several weeks from now.  She gave me a normal physical exam too - which left your Daddy extremely happy that he is a boy!  She also confirmed that my 24-hour urine test was wonderfully normal - not even a trace of protein in my urine - which she said is soooo good!  And my EKG that I had on Monday is perfectly normal too!  So, I think she said that so far my pregnancy is perfect.  Yep - perfect!  =)  I am scheduled to come back in two weeks to go over my numbers again (of course) and then get another ultrasound to check your heart beat again.  Love it!  Can't wait to see what you look like at 10 weeks!  You have changed so much since just last week!  Oh, she also talked through some of the tests that we can elect to have to check from Down's Syndrome and other chromosomal  issues.  Daddy and I aren't sure yet whether we want to check for these things - because you're are a keeper, no matter what they come back with...so what's the point, especially when some of the tests have false positives and others that are more accurate have a small risk of miscarriage?  I don't know...something to think and pray about.

Here's your picture from today - she gave us three, but I enlarged the one that was the best.  You can't see the brain spot as well on the pics as well as on the screen, but it was there as clear as day!



And there you are!  Just curled up and growing!  Thanks for today, my little one...I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment